The Twitchin Kitchen

Full Version: Home Butchering Laws?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eric,
Do you know the laws regarding butchering a live animal for personal use in the USA?

Are dogs and cats illegal to butcher and eat in all 50 states?

Are the laws different in the city/suburban limits than the farms/rural areas?

If I were to have a chicken coop in my yard, I'm in the 'burbs - is it legal for me to kill it and eat it by myself on my property?

I'm not talking about hunted food.
hey Tk , I'm not sure about the Laws for Dogs and Cats , lord knows it perfectly fine in other countries. I will look into that and post my findings.

as for the personal use , Not sure how many folks still do this unless its smaller critters.

Quote:If I were to have a chicken coop in my yard, I'm in the 'burbs - is it legal for me to kill it and eat it by myself on my property?

this would pending your local laws , as it differs in each area. I know here in the country its perfectly fine and legal , as a matter of fact we have done this many of times. Course , I have seen many time folks rasieing pigeons and having farms for them on roof tops.
Thanks, the more detail to shut this person up, the better. He tossed in the dogs and cats to piss me off.

I know every Chinese restaurant that has gotten caught with cats or dogs in their freezer had proclaimed it's for their personal use but had been prosecuted none the less.