The Twitchin Kitchen

Full Version: Little Hats ~ Italy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Duchess

1 cup ground round steak
3 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
Salt & pepper to taste

Melt butter in frying pan, add meat & brown over medium flame. Remove from stove & add cheese, salt & pepper. Set aside to cool.

Make the following dough :

2 eggs
1/4 Tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. oil
1 1/2 cups flour

Knead eggs with flour & salt. If dough is too thin add more flour. Add oil and form dough into a ball. Divide in two parts & roll each half out on lightly floured board to paper thin. Cut into rounds with 2 in. cookie cutter or top of glass. Place teaspoon of meat stuffing in center and fold over once to form a little hat. Press edges together with fork. Cook Cappelletti either in clear broth or chicken broth for 1/2 hour in covered pan. Drain & serve with a sauce of your choice.

This recipe comes from an old Italian grandmother {not mine} who had a cookbook of all her fav recipes printed up and then gave out to all her loved ones. I lovingly call her the "food pusher"...To her, food is love.

Again, if our Admin. has to come in behind me and correct my mistakes in posting a simple recipe, you have my apologies.
LOL you did good Duchess! And you do NOT need to call me Admin. It's so impersonal!
Twitchy is fine, TK will do, anything but Admin! It sounds so authoritarian!
These little darlings were soooooo delicious. My family ate them so quickly. I bought some bottled spaghetti sauce and cooked some red cabbage and it was very tasty.

This is how they looked when I put them together:
[attachment=31]

This is before I actually cooked them:
[attachment=32]

The finished product:
[attachment=33]

Tease