Yum      

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lamb with Scallions and Herbs ~ Turkey
Meat 
Turkey

If you like lamb, this is to die for!

I use an electric fry pan for this as I can control the temperature easily with it.
This cooks for about 3 to 4 hours depending on the size of the meat.

I like to use the boneless leg of lamb as well as it cooks up much more tender and the netting on it keeps it all together when it's done.

Lamb with scallions and herbs
Kuzu Kapama

Ingredients:
1 leg of young, tender lamb, (about 4-5 pounds -boneless preferred)
2 large bunches of scallions - chopped
1 large bunch of fresh dill - finely chopped
1 large onion quartered
1 cup water
olive oil
salt and pepper

Clean the lamb and trim off the excess fat. If you bought the boneless kind, you won't need to trim it as it is all done for you.
Place lots of salt and pepper on the fatty parts of the lamb and brown the meat on all sides in the fry pan on high heat.
Drizzle the olive oil over the meat and add the rest of the ingredients.

I like to stuff some of the dill inside the mesh on the meat and shove it into any nook and cranny the meat has to offer.
Cover and simmer gently for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours or more until the lamb is very tender, turning occasionally and adding a bit more water here and there as needed.

I know it is done when the meat falls apart with a fork when poked!

Serve with the cooked up juices and herbs and fresh yogurt for dipping sauce.
Tahini cream sauce can also be used to dip!
Heaven!

Click for full size view:

Boneless version:

[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head
I made this again last night and I managed to remember to take pictures of the roast.

Usually I use a boneless leg but the price of the boneless was $5 a pound more so I took the one with the bone in and roasted it longer.

My electric pan died Sad1 so I browned this up on the stovetop in a pan and then roasted it in the oven, covered and alternated it with the lid tight and then cracked, roasted on 375 degrees F for the first hour, 350 for the second and then brought the temp down to 315, with the lid closed for the remainder of the time until the meat was so tender it fell off the bone when poked.
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head
You know, the leftovers from this meal make a wonderful soup.

I took the bone and a good amount of the leftover meat and boiled it up with carrots, celery, onions and chick peas. I added a little chicken stock for a richer flavor on the broth. I used the "goop" of herbs too. I tossed them into the pot with the meat and bone and let it all break down. Pull out the bones and it's a wonderful soup.