Yum      

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Twitchy's Creamy Cole Slaw
Up 
This is my own recipe. You can use any kind of pre-packaged cabbage/cole slaw mix or buy a head of cabbage and shred it yourself and add shredded carrots to that.

Please bear in mind this makes a rather large batch and my measurements are not exact as I kind of 'wing it' until it's right!

Twitchy's Creamy Cole Slaw

calories per 1/2 cup serving: 184

Ingredients:
  • One head cabbage - stem taken out and shredded into easy bite sized pieces
  • Carrots - shredded - add until you are satisfied there are 'enough'
  • Mayonnaise
  • Sugar
  • Milk
  • White Vinegar

Shred your cabbage and carrots and put in a clean, dry bowl.

In another bowl prepare your dressing. It's ok if you make too much, you can save it for a short while or keep it to add to your personal dish of cole slaw if you like it 'sloppy'.

Take about a cup or two of mayo and put it in a glass bowl.
Grab about a small handful of sugar and with a wire whisk, whip this up until it stops sounding like you're mixing sand into mayo. Let this sit for two minutes, the sugar will dissolve more - whisk up again.

Taste. This should taste like sweetened mayo. Add more sugar if you want sweeter.

Add about two tablespoons white vinegar, whisk up until it's loose and blended well.

Taste again. If you like it you're ready to go.
If not, add more sugar or vinegar. ADD VINEGAR SLOWLY AND A FEW DROPS AT A TIME or you'll get a dressing that is too tart.

If your dressing is still too thick but the taste is right, add milk a few drops at a time until it's a nice loose consistency.

Add this to your shredded cabbage SLOWLY, folding it in until all the cabbage is covered evenly. You want to make sure you don't add too much at once or you'll have cabbage sitting in soup! Less is ok just as long as it's all covered evenly.

Place in a container with a tight fitting lid and refrigerate a couple hours to let the flavors blend. This is where the cabbage will settle and you'll start to see the dressing loosen more and 'grow' in the bowl. This is why you want to be careful how much you add at first! If you want more, and have leftover dressing, you can add more in now.

Click for full view:

[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head