Yum      

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edamame beans (baby soy bean)
Toast 
Many years ago when my daughters were only 6 or 7 years old, a friend of mine let me taste these and they were very good. She said they are good to eat as a snack and loaded with good things for you.

Recently, I listened to a lecture that talked a little about these beans. I went online to find a recipe but only found boiling them in water and eating them out of the pod as a way to prepare them.

Do you know of any dish they can be added to or other ways to prepare them?
Hello, my name is Angie and I am an Arabian Shortbread cookie addict. Giggle
Nope! This is the only way I've had them. Matt's been to Japan twice and he's never been served them any other way there as well.

You don't really boil them but you steam them. We do like to add a little more salt to ours using coarse Kosher salt. For some reason the tiny bit extra salt gives them more of a boost in taste.

We eat these by the bucket full!
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head
I wasn't sure but I kinda figured you would say that. I think I was secretly hoping you could prepare them and eat them as you would any other legume.
You can always try to make tofu out of the stuff. Barf

I'm not sure but I think soy beans are one of those things that you either can eat as they are naturally or they need to be processed into something.

I have heard but cannot find the article to back it up that if you eat too many edamame men can start having low sperm counts. I'm not so sure about that considering how crowded Japan is!
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head
(11-26-2008, 12:54 PM)Twitchin Kitten Wrote: You can always try to make tofu out of the stuff. Barf

I'm not sure but I think soy beans are one of those things that you either can eat as they are naturally or they need to be processed into something.

I have heard but cannot find the article to back it up that if you eat too many edamame men can start having low sperm counts. I'm not so sure about that considering how crowded Japan is!

Giggle