Yum      

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitchy's Mom's Lemon Cake
Cool 
This is for Angie! My mom's famous lemon cake. This is not from scratch but it's from a box. She tweaked the recipe a little and it is very moist, very delicious and it has no frosting, just a little icing drizzled on it.

Lemon Cake

Ingredients:
  • 1 box of Duncan Heinz lemon cake mix. DO NOT use any other brand!!!
  • Jumbo eggs - double yolks preferred
  • Lemon juice

On the box there is a recipe for Bundt cake. Follow this recipe.
Where you use the eggs, use the jumbo double yolk eggs.
Where it calls for water, measure your water, take out two tablespoons of the water and replace with two tablespoons lemon juice.

When beating the mix as per the instructions, beat them at a little higher speed and for a little longer to add more air to the mix and this will give the cake a much lighter consistency.

It is important you use the Duncan Heinz cake mix because of the ingredients in the mix. She said she tried it with other brands and the results were not the same.

When the cake is cooled to room temp simply pick a CREAMY GLAZE or CONFECTIONERS SUGAR GLAZE to delicately drizzle over the top of the cake. For an added affect, you and put some powdered sugar in a strainer and gently make it "snow" on top of the iced cake!
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head
OMG!!!!

I have been waiting for this....I think I will do a run through this weekend just to make sure I do everything correctly for my hubby's B-Day celebration. Tell your mom THANKIES Friends
Hello, my name is Angie and I am an Arabian Shortbread cookie addict. Giggle