Yum      

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oysters Rockefeller
Unitedstates

This is one of my very favorite oyster dishes. This is creamy, smooth and delicious. This is Emeril Lagasse's recipe and I found it so good I think he won't mind we share it among ourselves! Giggle

Aside from being Emeril's recipe, this is another American creation!

Oysters Rockefeller

Ingredients:
  • 2 dozen large oysters, shucked, with all the liquor (liquid) saved. Save the deeper half shell and scrub clean. Set aside
  • 1 bottle of clam broth
  • 2 sticks butter, cubed
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup minced onions
  • 3 Tbsp anchovy paste
  • 1 tsp chopped garlic
  • 1 1/2 pounds fresh watercress, washed, patted dry, trimmed and finely chopped
  • 1 1/2 pounds fresh spinach, washed, patted dry, trimmed and finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup Herbsaint
  • Rock Salt
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400°F.
Drain the oysters and liquid through a fine mesh strainer. You should have 3 cups of oyster liquor, if not add enough clam broth to make up for the difference.

In a large sauté pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
Stir in the flour and cook for 4 minutes.
Stir in the onions and cook 2 more minutes.
Stir in the anchovy paste, garlic, watercress and spinach.
Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
Stir in the oyster liquor and bring to a boiled. Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the sauce is thick.

Remove from the heat and stir in the Herbsaint. Re-season with salt and pepper if needed.
Spread the rock salt evenly over a large sheet pan. Arrange the oyster shells on the baking sheet.
Place the oysters back it their shells.
Season the oysters with salt and pepper.
Place a heaping spoonful of the filling on top of each oyster.

Using the back of the spoon, gingerly pat the filling into the shell. Sprinkle the top of the oyster with the grated cheese.

Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until the sauce is golden brown and the oysters have curled.

Remove from the oven and serve on a large platter.
Serve the oysters with fish forks and fresh lemons.

Makes about 2 dozen oysters.
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head