Ingredients:

1 onion, chopped                                    
1/2 cup chopped celery                            
1/4 cup chopped carrots                          
2 cloves garlic - minced                            
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley    
5 tablespoons butter or margarine          
4 tablespoons all purpose flour              
1 1/2 cups chicken broth  (use artificially flavored or vegetable stock for vegetarian)                        
1 1/2 cups whole milk
3 - 4 potatoes, cut into cubes or slices
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
1 pinch of allspice
3/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1/4 teaspoon chicken bullion powder

In a large stock pot, saute the onion, celery, carrots, garlic and parsley in butter until soft but not browned. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add broth slowly, stirring as you add.

Add milk, potatoes, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, allspice, celery seed, thyme, seasoning salt, dry white wine, and chicken boullion powder. Allow to simmer and thicken, stirring frequently, until the potatoes are cooked through, approximately 25 minutes or more. During cooking break up the potatoes with the back of a spoon. Serve warm.

*note: for a bit of a kick to this recipe you can add in 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

I added a picture of my soup to the original post today.

I made a BIG triple amount last night for dinner and I cannot say how easy, or how good this soup is! There is no way that I can make soup and not triple the recipe because we take it for lunch all week, eat it by the cup as a quick snack and as a side to nearly any dinner.

This soup is full of flavor and is very filling. It's especially nice on cold winter days and nights!
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head
That looks soooo good! I have been thinking about another type of soup to make. I have just about gotten tired of my cabbage soup. I have made it with every variation I can think of. I always make lots of soup too.

I just might try this one for next week. How easy would this be to turn into a clam chowder (Boston style).
Hello, my name is Angie and I am an Arabian Shortbread cookie addict. Giggle
Scratchead Not so sure. I did / do have a clam chowder recipe I will dig up for you today though! Smile1
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head