Yum      

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I found some treasures this weekend!
So, Saturday we were out and about and we found a wonderful little junk shop! It's really a community outreach center and food bank and there were so many things in there I wanted.

This place is dangerous! It's a community outreach center and food bank. I went nuts! I had to restrain myself... so I got all this for $21.75:

A lovely kitty gravy boat - $3
An equally lovely kitty soup turine and matching serving platter - this might have some value I don't know. - $10
A cute wooden kitty nick nack - $1
and a salt shaker that has no match but I couldn't resist! It has a little mouse on it - .75
A brand new in the box never opened fondue pot! - $4
A golf club for Matt - $3

Here is a pic of the sig on the soup turine. I got a feeling it might be worth something because it is from Deruta, Italy and it is famous for hand painted pottery there. I have been searching the net for this item but all I can find from this guy is newer things and all the sites are in Italian.
If anyone knows anything about this piece would you please let me know? If anyone knows where I might find info on this piece please point me there! Phone #'s , anything!

Then we went to the golf driving range and hit about 250 balls. I'm soooo sore!
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head
I love coming across little out of the way places like that !...I could feel your excitment in your post...You discovered beautiful treasures, TK...WooHoo !
NICE!

I love cats so these pieces are speaking to me in very special ways. Grats on your treasures.

Kitty
Hello, my name is Angie and I am an Arabian Shortbread cookie addict. Giggle
Like that gravy boat
wrong place to post this but.......... Hi all.

Let me find the correct place on the forum
Newbs, what are you talking about? You know you already made your intro! IN the introductions forum?

Aww Cow
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head
TK, I liked it when you shared your newly discovered treasures with us, I hope that you would continue to do so, it was fun seeing what you had found.
OOH I found one this weekend too. A lovely Moroccan tea pot. Sadly it didn't have the silver base/holder nor the glasses that come with a whole set but the Pot will look nice on the new shelves we're going to put up in the kitchen as a decoration.

You can tell it was well used too as the silver had been damaged to a degree where the thumb would rest on the handle where you pour it and on the lid where the fingers would touch it to pull it open.

It must be very old to gain such wear.

The platter on the serving tray with the turine.... that is the one I now use when I want to take photos of the new dishes I've been trying and posting when they come out photo-worthy!
Well, I found out the soup tureen and platter from Italy actually have some value!

I just LOVE IT when you find a hidden treasure.

The tureen and platter go for around $150+ at auction! I think these are pieces from the 1950's telling from the design and compared to what the designer is making today.