Yum      

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Velvet Cake...(for dummies please)
I love this cake and although I am not a "sweets" type of person, this is one I could eat endlessly....that is if my husband doesn't beat me to it.

I have never made one of these cakes. Always bought them from the store and wanted to taste one made from scratch. Does anyone have a recipe that is relatively easy to follow and fool proof?
Hello, my name is Angie and I am an Arabian Shortbread cookie addict. Giggle
Gimme a few hours and I'll get that up for you sometime today! I don't have my own recipe but I know how it's supposed to be and I can browse for one and compare looking for the right one for you!
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head
Here you go Angie!
I'm not so sure it's a "for dummies" recipe. It's quite detailed and time consuming to make.

Find it in the cake section here on site:
http://twitchinkitchen.com/showthread.php?tid=249
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head
Cool 
Thanks! Ok
I saw the recipe and it does look complicated (for me that is...haha) I may have to get the twins to assist me with this one.
Well, take a pic of it when you do! And then get into the gabbing in the kitchen area and tell us how it came!

Oh and hit the link to the page where I got it from. There is something in there about not using that specialty Italian cheese... you can go straight cream cheese i think.
Cool 
ok, will do. Have you had a chance to look at my Fresh Fruit Smoothie recipe yet? I make those all summer long for my family and add all sorts of variations.
Sure did! I got a bunch of smoothie recipes here too! Being half Arab we make these all the time in my house as well. After all, Arabs invented the smoothie!
(08-16-2008, 12:08 PM)Angie Wrote: Thanks! Ok
I saw the recipe and it does look complicated (for me that is...haha) I may have to get the twins to assist me with this one.

hey angie! Hi

have u tried the recipe yet. can you tell us how you fared in baking it? lol! i also want to try the recipe. although i might have to adjust the baking time coz i don't have me a conventional oven. Blush

but i sure would love to hear from you if it's as hard as you thought it would be.Heart
Hi icemaiden20, welcome to the Kitchen! Can you please make an intro so we can get to know you a little better?

I dont' think Angie has tried this cake yet. She should be on soon though Smile1