Yum      

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shortbread
As requested by Twitchy, actually, your recipe is fine - it is the basic recipe. This is Irish shortbread, I don't know how much it differs from the Scottish recipe, but its the one we use.

200g Butter
110g white sugar
250g Flour
25g Rice Flour
25g Ground Almonds

Cream together the butter and sugar until light. If using a mixer this takes about 10 mins on top speed - you want it to be really pale and fluffy.
Add half the flour (125g), the rice flour and the almonds and mix for 2 mins.
Then add the rest of the flour and mix until clear.

It is best if you can refrigerate the dough for atleast 20 mins before using it.

It can be rolled out and cut into shapes, or just rolled into balls and pressed on to a lined baking tray.

Bake @ 180C for 15-20 mins.
Note: Bake until a VERY LIGHT golden colour. If the start to darken around the edge they are over baked.

If you wish, you can add walnuts (160g), chocolate chips (160g), Cherries (80g) Almonds (80g) or lemon or orange zest to this mix. Add them at the last stage with the final flour.
OH it's the almonds! I can recall specks of brown in the cookies I had! I bet it was the crushed almonds that gave it that flavor I'm missing!
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head