Yum      

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How am I doing so far?
Come, sit down, let me know how the board is shaping up!
Am I missing anything?
Do you want to see something special?
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head
Twitchy,

I think you're doing a great job so far....just taking my time getting used to navigating, there's so much to consume here!
Once I'm settled, it'll be time to post some recipes.

Benny

Aka Benny24 Eurobichons.
I think its shaping up well! Nice going Miss Twitch! Awink
Thanks guys.

Do you think I may have overdone it with all the international areas?

My whole goal was to split as much as possible so searching for recipes would be easier but I'm finding I'm moving allot already and I don't know if it's because there is too much or because people miss the obvious, don't really pay attention Poke because of the excitement of posting their stuff etc.

Lemme know opinions.... all kinds of opinions!
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head
I love the forum , but man is it over whelming. My Opinion ( and you know I rarely have one ) but I think there are too many sections. it must be the country boy in me , But I get Lost round here .
Well Eric, the idea was to break down the international foods to make them easy to find.

Now, I can't just have one big section and toss them all in. When the forum grows, recipes need to be easy to search and categorizing them is the key to successful searches.

Now, sitting back and taking a new look at the site, I re-did the Middle East section.
I realized that there are many dishes that are shared by many countries and are in essence the same only with a different twist or exactly the same but with a different name.
So, this made categorizing them more difficult. I combined the whole thing and I hope people use the flags to indicate what country the dish originates!

I want to do the same for Europe as there are so many countries and keeping them individualized will be hard, but, then my dilemma is that the countries, unlike the Middle East are so diversified in culture and tastes that throwing Italian food in with say, German food just won't work.
So then I tried to chop it down some like I did with the Orient and South Pacific but I can't seem to think of a few key countries where the food is more 'popular' by all and then listing "the rest" in one lump.

Africa worked out well. split that up into four regions and hopefully we can get African dishes some way.

Would Europe be better like that? Divide it up by region? Like Medeterranean, eastern europe, western europe and northern europe?
Quote:Would Europe be better like that? Divide it up by region? Like Medeterranean, eastern europe, western europe and northern europe?

Hoenstly I think it would.
You are doing beautifully, baby...You seem to be so enthusiastic & happy in the kitchen...I envy you your "cooking gene", I would love to feel happy in the kitchen instead of lost & overwhelmed.
Duchess Wrote:You are doing beautifully, baby...You seem to be so enthusiastic & happy in the kitchen...I envy you your "cooking gene", I would love to feel happy in the kitchen instead of lost & overwhelmed.
Thanx
It's not so overwhelming once you learn the 'lingo' and have the right tools. I'm very happy to help you in any way I can, all you have to do is ask. Smile1
I have said before and I will say it again, this site is so pleasing and very understandable.
Hello, my name is Angie and I am an Arabian Shortbread cookie addict. Giggle