Yum      

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do with Venison?
Well IMHO , venison is great the way it is. Its like a good steak or chop leave it alone and season it lightly. as for the salt water I wouldn't just jump right into that. Just for the record the fat doesn't give the meat a gamey flavor the meat and what the animal eats is what gives it the taste the fat ( which is next to none ) is what holds in moisture and give the meat structure.

thus why when folks grind up lets say deer , they tend to add beef or pork fat to it as you need a binder hence you add beef fat to make it more like beef burger ( the ability to stick together , yet still crumble ) or pork fat which gives you the consistency of a breakfast sausage ( the ability to stay together , great for sausages , jerkey when you grind it and use a shooter, etc )

as for the removal of the fat on the venison, it would totally destroy the whole concept of eating it. Slow cooking and Proper prep is the key. Course if I was doing a roast I would either Use an Injector and inject the roats with herbs and some evoo. If I was NOT to do this then I would rub evoo lightly the entire roast and wrap it in a cooking bag.

Sorry Just giving my opinion.......

also here's a nice recipes if you ever wanna try a good deer burger:

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 lbs. ground deer meat
* 1 egg
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
* 1 tsp. worcestersire sauce
* 1 tsp. dijon mustard
* 1 tbls. soy sauce
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. each of basil, majoram, pepper, paprika
* 6 onion rolls

Directions

1. Blend all ingredients, make patties cook to desired doneness on stove , broiler ,or grill. serve on onion rolls with lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles. choice of condiments and side.

Messages In This Thread
What to do with Venison? - by Syberchick - 05-17-2009, 12:14 AM
RE: What to do with Venison? - by Twitchin Kitten - 05-17-2009, 11:47 AM
RE: What to do with Venison? - by Syberchick - 05-30-2009, 09:35 PM
RE: What to do with Venison? - by Twitchin Kitten - 05-31-2009, 09:23 AM
RE: What to do with Venison? - by LKTraz - 09-05-2009, 12:21 PM
RE: What to do with Venison? - by Twitchin Kitten - 09-07-2009, 12:17 PM
RE: What to do with Venison? - by Eric - 01-22-2010, 05:06 PM