Yum      

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New England Clam Chowder ~ America
(11-11-2008, 12:06 AM)Angie Wrote: TantrumSorryTantrumSorry

OMG!

What a friggin' disaster my chowder was Banghead First of all, I know my entire family is lactose intolerant and yet I made it anyway Wacko

I substituted half of the milk for a chicken broth to accommodate this....it didn't work at all. The soup was very tasty but no one could eat it because we swell up like blow fish if we do. I had to drain the milk/broth mixture from the rest of the chowder ingredients and then I had to get creative.

All wasn't a total loss though because I had a bag of frozen veggies and a large beet (fresh from the veggie market). I cut the beet up into cubes and put it in a pot then added the frozen veggies and let it all cook with chicken broth [I love cooking with chicken broth] When the beets were tender I added it all to the chowder and....(((viola)))<---I think that's how you spell it

No pics avail because I had hungry teenagers who devoured it...hahaha I don't even have a name for it.

Found this pic in my cam today, I must have taken it after I made my bowl Giggle

[Image: soup.jpg]
It looks quite tasty, I need to try the other chowder I think
Hello, my name is Angie and I am an Arabian Shortbread cookie addict. Giggle

Messages In This Thread
RE: New England Clam Chowder ~ America - by Angie - 11-05-2008, 04:33 PM
RE: New England Clam Chowder ~ America - by Angie - 11-11-2008, 12:06 AM
RE: New England Clam Chowder ~ America - by Angie - 11-17-2008, 05:11 AM
RE: New England Clam Chowder ~ America - by Angie - 11-11-2008, 12:34 PM
RE: New England Clam Chowder ~ America - by Angie - 11-12-2008, 09:17 AM